American journalist and radio broadcaster, Tom Ashbrook is currently hosting a podcast, Tom Ashbrook-Conversations.
Previously, he hosts, radio call-in program On Point, but dismissed after an investigation concluded he had created a hostile work environment.
Is Tom Ashbrook Married? Know more about his Personal Life;
Tom Ashbrook is happily married to his wife, Cathryn Ann Clüver in June 2017 at an intimate ceremony. The duo first met in March 2016 regarding an On Point story concerning refugees.
Previously, Ashbrook was married to Danielle Guichard-Ashbrook in 1975. The duo shared three children; a daughter and two sons. Their married life was going smoothly until Danielle diagnosed by cancer and died on 2014.
In 2007, Tom underwent heart bypass surgery and took a year break from his career in order to rejuvenate his health.
Tom Ashbrook's Controversy, Dismissal
Tom Ashbrook joined National Public Radio in 2011 and hosted the show named On Point. In 2017, he was placed on leave because of unspecified accusations against him by his assistant and co-worker.
Later, WBUR reported 11 men and women came forward and claimed Tom tirades, belittling critiques of show ideas, gives neck or back rubs, hugs, and "creepy" sex talks. After the accusations, Boston University decided to hire two law firms to investigate the case and found Ashbrook created a hostile work environment but none of them concluded the harassment was sexual in nature.
Check out the video of Tom Ashbrook after firing from WBUR, he said, "It's not over,"
In February, 14, 2018, Tom was officially dismissed from WBUR and same day he made a statement, saying that the decision was unfair and in subsequent news interviews, he describe himself as "chastened."
Tom Ashbrook's Net Worth
Tom Ashbrook possess a net worth around $5 million from his journalism career. Previously, he worked at WBUR and the average salary of WUBR reporter is $101,000-$111,000 per annum.
You May Like; Thom McDaniels Married, Wife, Children, Net Worth
As of now, Ashbrook started recording shows of his own podcast, "Tom Ashbrook-Conversations". The podcast was launched via twitter which covers issues like racism, social media and the global balance of power. Usually, the top podcasts host made $50,000 per episode.
Tom Ashbrook's Quick Facts
- Tom Ashbrook was born in 1956 on a farm in Bloomington, Illinois.
- He graduated from Yale University and Andhra University.
- He holds American nationality and belongs to White-American ethnicity/race.
- Ashbrook worked as a surveyor and dynamiter of oil fields during his college days.
- He produced English-dubbed kung fu films in Hong Kong during his initial days and later worked at South China Morning Post.
- Tom was Nieman Fellow at Harvard University.
- He also wrote a book named The Leap: A Memoir of Love and Madness in the Internet Gold Rush.
- In 1996, Ashbrook won Livingston Award for National Reporting.
Visit Celebritymarried for interesting Gossips and Entertainment.