Facts of Derek Luke
|Full Name||Derek Luke|
|Birth Name||Derek Luke|
|Birth City||New Jersey|
|Birth Country||United States of America|
|Father Name||Maurice Luke|
|Mother Name||Majorie Dixon|
|Spouse||Sophia Adella Luke|
|No Of Children||1|
|Sibilings||Maurice Luke nd Daniel Luke|
|Date of Birth||April 24,1974|
"In my heart of hearts, I believe I was made to entertain." This statement is by actor Derek Luke. And looking at the performance, he has been delivering since the start of his career no one can argue with him in it.
There might be few out there who are not familiar with the Hawthorne star or his works yet. But unlike his on-screen work, his behind the camera life is relatively less known. So, let's take a look at whether he is a married man, dating, or single!
How Is Derek Luke's Relationship Status? Is He Married? Who Is His Wife?
Derek Luke is savoring a blissfully married life with his wife, Sophia Adella Luke. Like her husband, Sophia is also an actress famous for playing in movies such as Lying in Wait, Knockout, and The Rally-LA.
The lovely duo walked down the aisle in the presence of their families and close friends in 1998. They have been living happily ever since, and there is not a tiny sign of pique in their relationship.
The fact that they have been living without any sorts of controversies for over twenty years speaks volume in itself. Moreover, the husband-wife couple shares a child from their matrimony though the identity of their kid is not revealed.
The 13 Reason Why star is an active social media user and boasts impressive followers on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. However, he mainly posts pictures and videos with co-stars and of his work rather than his personal life.
How Much Net Worth Does Derek Luke Have?
Form his flourishing career in the acting, Derek Luke holds a net worth of $5 million, as of 2019. The average salary of an actor in the US is $39.84 per hour and $50,235 in a year.
You May Also Like: Hayato Ichihara's Net Worth And Earnings!
Speaking about his acting credits, especially in the big screen, the actor has a lot of award-winning performances which includes the like of Madea Goes to Jail (2009). In the American comedy-drama film, he played the role of Joshua Hardaway alongside Tyler Perry, Keshia Knight Pulliam among many others. The film made on a budget of $17.5 million grossed $90.5 million at the box office.
Check out the clip of Derek Luke featured movie Madea Goes to Jail (2009)!
In the same way, Derek portrayed the character of Gabe Jones in the Marvel Comics superhero film Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). Moreover, he performed alongside actors Chris Evans and Tomy Lee Jones which collected $370.6 million against the budget of $140-216.7 million.
Contributing to such major commercially successful films, Luke surely drew in a reasonable sum from his work.
Quick Facts: Derek Luke
- Derek Luke was born on April 24, 1974, in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States.
- He is the son of mother Marjorie Dixon, a pianist, and father Maurice Luke, a former actor.
- Derek attended Henry Snyder High School and Linden High School.
- He grew up with his brother Maurice Luke and Daniel Luke.
- The Rouge star holds an American nationality and belongs to African-American ethnicity.
- He attended Henry Snyder High School and Linden High School.
- Luke began his career playing a small role as a nurse in the sitcom The King of Queens in 1999.
- The talented star's other notable movies are Glory Road, Catch a Fire, Miracle at St. Anna, Madea Goes to Jail, and few others.
- In television series, he is famous for Trauma, God Empire, and The Americans.
- He won many awards like the Black Reel Award for Best Actor, BET Award, Black Reel Award for Best Breakthrough Performance, and many other awards for the movie Antwone Fisher.
- In the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why, he plays the character of Mr.Kevin Porter alongside actors Dylan Minnette, Katherine Langford, Christian Navarro, Justin Prentice and others.
- The Notorious actor's zodiac sign is Taurus, which shows his traits as reliable, patient, practical, devoted, and responsible.
- He stands at the height of 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 meters).
- Both his eyes and hair are black.
- Derek is 45 years old.
Visit celebritymarried.com for more celebrity biography and gossips!